Citizenship by Investment (CIP)
A qualifying investment under the Citizenship by Investment Programme shall satisfy at least a minimum investment in one of the four approved areas:
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund
Saint Lucia National Economic Fund is a special fund established under Section 33 of the Citizenship by Investment Act for the sole purpose of receiving qualifying investments of cash for funding government sponsored projects.
The following minimum investment is required:
- Applicant applying alone: $100,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: $165,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependents: $190,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent, of any age: $25,000
Real Estate Projects
On the approved list for the Citizenship by Investment Programme, approved real estate projects fall into two broad categories:
- High-end branded hotels and resorts
- High-end boutique properties
Once approved, the real estate project becomes available for qualifying investments from applicants for citizenship by investment.
The applicant is required to execute a binding purchase and sales agreement for an investment in an approved real estate project. Investments, equalling the agreed purchase price, are deposited in an approved irrevocable escrow account managed jointly by the developer and the Citizenship by Investment Unit in Saint Lucia.
Minimum Investment | Main Applicant: $300,000
Approved enterprise projects fall into seven (7) broad categories:
- Specialty restaurants
- Cruise ports and marinas
- Agro-processing plants
- Pharmaceutical products
- Ports, bridges, roads and highways
- Research institutions and facilities
- Offshore universities
Once approved the enterprise project becomes available for qualifying investments from applicants for citizenship by investment.
Minimum investment required:
Option 1 – A sole applicant.
- A minimum investment of $3,500,000
Option 2 – More than one applicant (joint venture).
- A minimum investment of $6,000,000 with each applicant contributing no less than $1,000,000
Citizenship by investment bonds must be registered and remain in the name of the applicant for a five (5) year holding period from the date of first issue and not attract a rate of interest (non interest bearing).
Once approved, the following minimum investment required:
- Applicant applying alone: $500,000
- Applicant applying with spouse: $535,000
- Applicant applying with spouse and up to two (2) other qualifying dependents: $550,000
- Each additional qualifying dependent: $25,000
Following fees prescribed under the Citizenship by Investment Regulations of 2015:
Non-refundable government processing fee: $2,000 main applicant; $1,000 each qualifying dependent
Non-refundable administration fees:
(applicable for government bonds and approved real estate or enterprise)
Per bond application: $50,000
Approved real estate or enterprise project investment: $50,000 main applicant; $35,000 each qualifying dependant age 18+; $25,000 each dependent under 18
Due diligence fees: $7,500 main applicant; $5,000 each dependent age 16+